Alexandra Luiceanu – Matriochka: Romantic Fantaisies & Transcriptions from Russia (2019)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 59:01 minutes | 913 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Digital Booklet, Front Cover | © Evidence
For her first solo recording, Alexandra Luiceanu designed a Russian and romantic program that echoes intimate roots. It is a kind of homage to childhood where music resonates like a reminiscence of a primal language, forever present and understood.
The release is entitled ‘Matriochka’ because the works follow one another like so many faces of romantic Russia: the sad smile of Mussorgsky, the painful intensity of Rachmaninov, the voluptuousness of Erdely, the tenderness of Ivanov. They all come alive thanks to the richness of the harp’s timbres.
Alexandra Luiceanu depicts the many facets of the Russian soul like Russian dolls, one after another. Her virtuosity sounds natural in these original pieces and transcriptions. Thus, effacing itself behind the music, the harp becomes poetry.
02. L’alouette (Arr. for Harp by Alexandra Luiceanu)
03. Fantaisie sur “Eugène Onéguine” de Tchaïkovski
04. Nocturne “La séparation” (Arr. for Harp by Alexandra Luiceanu)
05. Prélude en ut, Op. 12, No. 7
06. Le rossignol, S250/1 (Arr. for Harp by Henriette Renié)
07. Une larme, Op. 70, No. 18 (Arr. for Harp by Alexandra Luiceanu)
08. Élégie, Op. 3, No. 1 (Arr. for Harp by Alexandra Luiceanu)
10. Marguerite douloureuse au rouet, Op. 26, No. 2
11. Fantaisie sur “Faust” de Gounod, Op. 12