Alain Jean-Marie – Interplay – The Music of Bill Evans (2020)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 57:01 minutes | 907 MB | Genre: Jazz
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Trebim Music
The double bass player Diego Imbert rubbed shoulders with Didier Lockwood as Biréli Lagrène with whom he immersed himself in Jazz manouche, he recorded 7000 Miles with David Linx and formed a quartet with Alex Tassel and David El Malek. He also participated in a trio with Enrico Pieranunzi and André Ceccarelli, companions with whom he also recorded a tribute to Charlie Haden.
Here is now a tribute to the music of Bill Evans, and mainly to the duo that the pianist formed with the double bassist Eddie Gomez, during the ‘ 70s for the albums Intuition and Montreux III. It is that Imbert had followed an internship with Gomez in the ‘ 90s.
Still, it was necessary to choose a pianist. Enrico Pieranunzi could perfectly fit into this project: he himself paid tribute to Bill Evans in a piano-trio + horns (Evans Remembered) formula.
But his choice ultimately fell on Alain Jean-Marie, his 20-year-old eldest. Self-taught pianist of Guadeloupean origin, Alain Jean-Marie recorded several Biguine Reflections in tribute to his origins, he formed the Tropical Jazz Trio but he also rubbed shoulders with the greatest American soloists.
01. Alain Jean-Marie – Interplay
02. Alain Jean-Marie – Alfie
03. Alain Jean-Marie – Peri’s Scope
04. Alain Jean-Marie – Quiet Now
05. Alain Jean-Marie – Turn Out the Stars
06. Alain Jean-Marie – Show Type Tune
07. Alain Jean-Marie – Nardis
08. Alain Jean-Marie – The Two Lonely People
09. Alain Jean-Marie – Very Early
10. Alain Jean-Marie – Time Remembered
11. Alain Jean-Marie – Gloria’s Step
12. Alain Jean-Marie – Blue in Green
13. Alain Jean-Marie – Waltz for Debby
14. Alain Jean-Marie – Laurie
15. Diego Imbert – We Will Meet Again